Nutri-Brex and Whole Grain Bread Recipe
Nutri-Brex and Whole Grain Bread
This delicious bread was created by the very talented Ceri Jones from Natural Kitchen Adventures for the Nutri-Brex bloggers brunch I had the pleasure of attending. This great recipe shows you that this cereal is also a versatile ingredient. High Fibre, High Protein, Low Fat, Super Scrummy, Healthy, Nutritious and Vegan.
200g buckwheat groats
60g whole flaxseed
4 x Nutri-Brex biscuits, crushed
20g tapioca flour
60mls olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda ( or 1.5 tsp baking powder and no vinegar)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Flaxseeds, sesame or poppy for topping the bread
- Place the buckwheat and in a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak over night- or for at least 4 hours.
- soak the flax seeds and crushed Nutri-Brex in 250mls water and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes prior to baking your bread.
- Pre-heat oven to 160c. Oil a 1lb loaf tin (19 x 10 x 5 cm)with olive oil, line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the buckwheat. Place in a food processor with the tapioca flour, soaked flaxseeds, soaked Nutri-Brex, olive oil, salt,bicarb and apple cider vinegar.At this stage it may also be advisable to add another 60ml water due to the fact the Nutri-Brex is so absorbent. Blend for 3 minutes. Not all of the grains will break down which will give your bread some texture. The batter will be cake like, rather than a heavy, regular bread dough.
- Pour the batter into the tin, then smooth over with the back of a spoon, sprinkle over the additional seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 1hr 15 min – 1 hr and 30 mins, till risen and browned.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for 10- 15 minutes to cool, remove and cool on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing. Will keep for upto 5 days in an airtight container. Freezes well in individual sliced portions.
This bread is just simply delicious served with smashed avocado. Grab yourself a box and make some, then upload your thoughts and photos to twitter using #mynutribrex
With summer now well on the way and the weather man’s promise of good weather, picnics and bbq’s are on the agenda. So, this I thought I...
With the promise of sunny weather and Spring well and truly here, when the weather allows we can enjoy some alfresco dining. Whether it’s ...