Nutri-Brex and Whole Grain Bread Recipe
Nutri-Brex and Whole Grain Bread
This delicious bread was created by the very talented Ceri Jones from Natural Kitchen Adventures for the Nutri-Brex bloggers brunch I had the pleasure of attending. This great recipe shows you that this cereal is also a versatile ingredient. High Fibre, High Protein, Low Fat, Super Scrummy, Healthy, Nutritious and Vegan.
200g buckwheat groats
60g whole flaxseed
4 x Nutri-Brex biscuits, crushed
20g tapioca flour
60mls olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda ( or 1.5 tsp baking powder and no vinegar)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Flaxseeds, sesame or poppy for topping the bread
- Place the buckwheat and in a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak over night- or for at least 4 hours.
- soak the flax seeds and crushed Nutri-Brex in 250mls water and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes prior to baking your bread.
- Pre-heat oven to 160c. Oil a 1lb loaf tin (19 x 10 x 5 cm)with olive oil, line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the buckwheat. Place in a food processor with the tapioca flour, soaked flaxseeds, soaked Nutri-Brex, olive oil, salt,bicarb and apple cider vinegar.At this stage it may also be advisable to add another 60ml water due to the fact the Nutri-Brex is so absorbent. Blend for 3 minutes. Not all of the grains will break down which will give your bread some texture. The batter will be cake like, rather than a heavy, regular bread dough.
- Pour the batter into the tin, then smooth over with the back of a spoon, sprinkle over the additional seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 1hr 15 min – 1 hr and 30 mins, till risen and browned.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for 10- 15 minutes to cool, remove and cool on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing. Will keep for upto 5 days in an airtight container. Freezes well in individual sliced portions.
This bread is just simply delicious served with smashed avocado. Grab yourself a box and make some, then upload your thoughts and photos to twitter using #mynutribrex
If you were at the Expo in October you will probably of seen Imogen from Sugar Buttons Creative making these delicious ...
With summer now well on the way and the weather man’s promise of good weather, picnics and bbq’s are on the agenda. So, this I thought I...